Tuesday, December 9, 2008

WRAPPING UP!

Kristy and I got most of the detailing done today, although the seat belts still look awful, but at least the mounts look good.  It was pouring down rain so I moved the van back away from the dripping ceiling and due to the humidity, the detailing, especially the trim work, would not dry. We left all the doors ajar so they wouldn't be sealed shut.

What's left?  Cleaning the windows, applying the new "IUS Fine Arts" decal, clear-coating the decaled areas, mounting the 'sparkled' hubcaps, cleaning the garage.  I can do the clear-coating when I come over, or if you want to do it, have at it.  I expect/assume this will be done tomorrow while I'm in the afternoon Printmaking Critique. Of course, Julie and Brent won't be able to make it over until after the critique.  We will bring the van to campus around 7:00 p.m. If there could be a car pool over to Mellwood, some of you could ride back to campus in the van.  I pulled it out into the sun yesterday and everyone that drove by slowed to gawk at the majesty of it! It's getting lots of attention, and once Kaitlin gets the last decal on, it will be in its most finished state.  I'll be there after my critique.

Donna will have some plywood tire supports to keep us from sinking into the ground and I'm supposed to call the IUS Police to let them know as we're arriving tomorrow after dark.  I love the idea of sneaking onto campus under the cloak of darkness!

See you tomorrow for the journey to campus.


2 comments:

SuperJuice said...

i found some of this in my garage. i used it at one point to dye a headliner in a car i had. should work on seat belts. don't know if we have time or warm enough weather though . . .

http://www.jegs.com/i/Duplicolor/318/HVP109/10002/-1

brian h. jones said...

Do you have any left?