Tuesday, December 2, 2008

DECEMBER!!!!

This is what a little polishing can do to old cracked head lights.
This is a headlight before polishing.
Jamie working with the buffer while Steve supervises.
Annie working on the interior while Steve supervises.

The work groups seem to be getting smaller, but their productivity seems to be getting bigger; we can see the light at the end of the garage.

Jamie did miraculous things with the headlamps - they look new!  Kaitlin and Amanda continued to seal up the back mirror mosaic complete with icicles hanging around them (see Steve's portfolio).  Annie and Rebecca were getting the interior finished, and Ben and Randy made a stealth delivery of the bumpers yesterday which are now in place ready for final attachment.  Pasqualle and Lisa worked in the cockpit installing some framed images from Steve's portfolio, a touching record of our journey.  It's all looking really good.

I saw that the forecast for tomorrow calls for 51 and possibly rain, sounds like a perfect day to do some clear coating and I may try to get that started on the exterior.  I have a satin clearcoat for the interior and some brushes for you interior folks.  Jamie is going to get a long drill bit and bolts to attach the roof goodies and Debra has passed on to me the solar cell/light for the eyeball.  It would be great to get that roof stuff done so that we can do the finishing touches on it ASAP.  A Saturday session for knocking our some of the final big stuff would be good, that carpet, for example, has to get cut and installed.

The Unveiling is officially set for Thursday, December 11, at 12:00 (noon).  I have gotten permission to bring the van over to campus on Wednesday night, park it in place, cover it with something (ideas?), and then unveil it the next day. You all can make those plans, but I know that the department is trying to put together some hot cocoa and cider to serve to our guests. Can't wait for that opening!

2 comments:

R we there yet? said...

I hate to miss out on the unveiling, but with my teaching schedule I won't get off until 3:30.

amandak said...

I plan on coming Saturday, but don't want to stand around by myself with nothing to do. Who's planning on being there and what time? I have to leave by 2 to work. What do yous guys plan on finishing. Let me know and I'll help. If everyone can't come Saturday, can you at least let me know what I can work on since my section is complete. Let's try and work together, really, and wrap this artcarrrr up.