Monday, September 29, 2008

WE'RE INSURED!

We're GREEN to go.  I have received the certificate of liability insurance from Bloomington, so we can begin the actual work on the IUSARTCAR very soon.  I hope to meet with Scott within the next day or so to pass the certificate on to him and to see our space.  Scott originally had us located in one of the four garage spaces that face Mellwood Ave, but he recently informed me that that he and John Clark, Mellwood's owner, have us in a new spot, which has more space and away from the "Gallopoollozer mayhem."

I am leaving town on Wednesday morning for a five day conference in Fargo, ND.  I am going to try to make arrangements with Scott for any or all of you to start getting acclimated to where we'll be working and to possibly take things to the space between then and next Tuesday, such as 'junk' you may have collected, or the donated paints, or any materials you might have that will enable us to begin work (do any of you have chicken wire?). Debra will be delivering the van to our studio next week I think, but I'll check with her on that.  I'd like to get the sanding started soon.

Any consideration about the interior?  Anyone have astro turf?  Ideas?

 

2 comments:

Adam said...

I may be able to get some chicken wire... Ill let you know about that. see you all tomorrow!

Samantha Deitz said...

It's not chicken wire, but I have a couple yards of powder coated aluminum mesh (like for the screen on a window). It is light and strong and pretty sculpt-able...